Welcome to the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at TU Dortmund University.
The Department’s leading principles for teaching and research are:
- Respect for the individuality of everyone
- Equality and diversity
- Bringing the resources and competencies of each person into focus
- Focusing on each individual’s personal development in terms of their resources and competencies
The Department of Rehabilitation Sciences comprises 17 teaching and research areas, each of which has a special research focus in the field of rehabilitation. This makes it one of the largest teaching and research institutions of Rehabilitation Sciences in Europe. Currently, about 100 members of staff are conducting research and offer study programs at all levels to approximately 2.400 students.
One of the Department’s primary aims is to promote participation of persons with disabilities in society. Equally important is the development of measures to improve their environment, thus maximizing the opportunities for persons with disabilities to participate actively in society and in the communities to which they belong.
The teaching and research areas are organized in three clusters:
- Education, schooling and inclusion
- Occupation and inclusion
- Technology for inclusion and participation