The habilitation is the highest university examination that can be taken in the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at TU Dortmund University as part of an academic examination procedure. It establishes the ability to teach in a scientific subject.
If you have any questions about habilitations, please contact the Dean's office of the Department.
Dr. ped. Katja Subellok
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Rehabilitation and Pedagogy in the Areas of Language, Communication and Hearing".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 12.11.2008
Dr. rer. soc. Rainer Wetzler
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Sociology of Rehabilitation and Social Systems".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 12.07.2007
Dr. paed. Karlheinz Barth
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Special Education: Early Recognition and Prevention of Learning Disorders".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 03.05.2006
Dr. paed. Philipp Walkenhorst
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Rehabilitation and Pedagogy in Behavioural Disorders".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 04.05.2006
Dr. phil. Friedrich Linderkamp
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Rehabilitation Psychology".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 12.07.2006
Dr. phil. Rosemarie Tüpker
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Music in Rehabilitation and Therapy".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 13.04.2005
Dr. paed. Christian Wevelsiep
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Theory of Rehabilitation and Pedagogy in Disability".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 11.05.2005
Dr. paed. Barbara Ortland
- Venia Legendi for the subject area "Pedagogy of Physical Disability".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 19.10.2005
Dr. paed Jürgen Steiner
- Venia Legendi for the teaching area "Rehabilitation and Pedagogy for Adults with Communication and Speech Disorders".
- Award of the Venia Legendi: 19.11.2004
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus Nord to Campus Süd by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus Nord and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 20 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.